837 Village Rd. Lancaster, PA 17602 | tel:717-464-0707 / 1-888-WALKABT
Our Green Efforts Include...
- Indoor lights in public spaces are on timers; outdoor floodlights are on motion sensors.
- Use CF bulbs
- Grow our own herbs, edible flowers and small vegetable garden.
- All cardboard and glossy paper is taken to our township recycling collection area.
- Shop at and support locally owned retailers
- Use Energy Star appliances
- Collect lawn, garden and yard waste for local composting
- Re-use furniture - all of our antiques have been lovingly used by other generations
- Donate to Goodwill and utilize services such as Craigslist and Freecycle. See www.freecycle.org and www.craigslist.com
- Take re-usable bags to the grocery store.
- Pay bills online and receive e-statements.
- UL-certified power strips provided in guest rooms.
- Windows and screens kept in good working order so we can open them on days when the temperatures are moderate.
- All paper, plastic, glass and metal are recycled per the guidelines of our local township recycling committee. See www.westlampeterrecycles.org
- Guest rooms are individually cooled, therefore eliminating the need to cool rooms that are not in use.
- Ask guests to partner with us in our green efforts by re-suing towels and sheets.
- Cistern water, collected by downspouts off the roof, is used to water outdoor plants, wash cars and other uses that don’t require potable water.We also recently istalled a rain barrel to collect runoff water not going into the cistern.
- Cloth napkins are used at the breakfast table.